Our Mission & Goals
LAPDA is a collaborative of educational systems in the Winooski Valley region of Vermont that supports a range of high quality professional development, leadership support, and other relevant services to Pre-K 12 education systems. Operating within its financial and human resources realities, LAPDA is dedicated to enhancing educator quality, equity, and student learning.
• Provide high-quality professional development for educators that is:
o Streamlined, aligned, and coordinated
o Outcomes based
o Research/evidence based
o Job embedded
o Offered by skilled coaches, facilitators, and instructors
• Facilitate leadership learning and development for current and future education leaders to support and enhance efficient and effective learning organizations, and promote student learning outcomes.
• Identify, evaluate, plan, and implement services to meet regional needs and enhance organizational development, build capacity, and support the efficiency and effectiveness of our partner districts.
• Secure the financial and human resources necessary to sustain and advance LAPDA’s mission.
Across all our work, we:
• Collaborate with the Vermont Agency of Education and other agencies and organizations to enhance student learning and professional practice.
• Develop and respond to feedback loops about LAPDA’s efficacy and the professional development needs of the region
• Build regional capacity and interdependence between and among systems