Advanced Implementation of Multiplicative Reasoning through Algebra (Math Lab School) Grades 4-9
Appropriate for 4-9 educators
This course provides follow-up support for teachers who have attending Math Lab School with Mahesh Sharma. Through the course participants will deepen their understanding of milestones and learning progressions grades 5-8. Participants will also develop instructional approaches to efficiently implement mathematical skills and concepts at the universal level. Participants will also be provided with planning and instructional resources to support implementation.
• Deepen understanding of fractions, integers and proportional reasoning and application of functions.
• Strengthen knowledge of order of operations.
• Explore the different properties of mathematics.
• Investigate and analyze how students develop and use strategies for multiplicative and proportional reasoning.
• Develop a variety of instructional strategies to support student learning.
Required Text: Nolan, Edward C., Juli K. Dixon, George J. Roy, and Janet B. Andreasen. Making Sense of Mathematics for Teaching. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree, 2016. Print.