Smarter Balanced Assessment Readiness Session
Hosted with Vermont AOE Key Staff: Michael Hock, Peter Drescher & Frank Gerdeman and educational staff from last year’s Pilot test
Audience: School Technology Coordinators, Curriculum Directors, Principals, SBAC Team Members
This half-day workshop is designed to provide suggested actions and ‘next-steps’ to help schools with Smarter Balanced readiness including:
• Test design and accommodations – assessing your own school’s readiness
• Practice test options – resources available
• Timing and testing session options
• Reducing student anxiety
• Grade 3 students – special challenges
• Ideal ways to set up equipment
• Getting online and staying online
• SBAC – getting familiar with Digital Library Resources
• Are there risks of losing data?
• Multiple platforms? How do we schedule students, spaces and the day most effectively?
• What have others learned from the Pilot Test that we can all benefit from? – This panel discussion will provide you with time for questions and answers.
Note: After the first of the year, there will be Test Administrator Workshops provided around the state supporting SBAC nuts and bolts such as entering student data, etc. More information will be available for those from the Agency of Education.
NOTE: There will be two other sessions:
October 15th 1–4pm Stratton, VT. Register through (www.learningcollaborative.org )
October 17th 1–4pm Hampton Inn, Colchester, VT Register through (www.cvedcvt.org )